Even for the most seasoned houseboater, planning ahead for your vacation is most important. Knowing what to bring and how to bring it will allow you more time relaxing and playing on Bullards Bar. Here are some helpful tips:
- Plan a menu for all meals in advance. This can save time and expense when buying groceries, thus leaving less to spoil or take home afterwards.
- Keep some food frozen with dry ice for meals planned later into the trip and thaw when necessary. This keeps the refrigerator from being overwhelmed.
- Pack gear into plastic tubs or boxes so that it is faster for us to load and unload your houseboat.
- Bring items that have less packaging to help keep trash accumulated on board to a minimum. Aluminum is always preferred over glass.
- Share the planning with others on the trip when possible. Assign others trip responsibilities.
Things to Bring:
- Sunscreen & Insect Repellant
- Bed Linens, Sleeping Bags, Pillows
- Plenty of Beach, Bath, and Kitchen Towels
- Extra Footwear, Sunglasses, and Swimwear
- Extra Paper Towels and Toilet Paper
- Hair Dryer, Personal Sundries including Soaps & Shampoo
- A Blender, Camera, Camcorder, Cell Phone, I-pod,
- Adapters and Chargers.
- First Aid Kit, Flashlight, Binoculars or a Telescope
- Inflatable Rafts, Tubes and Water Fun Accessories
- Warm clothes, just in case for a chilly evening
- Movies, Music, and Games
- Favorite Spices